Monday, June 3, 2013

Admire the clouds


Recently we purchased a hammock.  I've wanted one for quite some time but hadn't been able to justify the expense.  Finally I found a great deal off of Craigslist and took the plunge.  Oh how I am smitten!  It's been quite a long time since I sat back and simply admired the sky. Cloud gazing harkens back to my childhood when this type of behavior was innate.  Children, it seems, are much more connected with our natural world.

This is your task today -- to admire the sky and become connected. Find a place outside to sit, stand or lay. Then look up.  Really look (obviously don't look directly into the sun).  Watch the clouds, the tree tops, the birds.  Open up all your senses -- hear, smell, feel and even taste.  This tasks is as simple as taking a moment before getting into your car, pausing on your lunch break or when picking up your child from school.  Take a brief moment for yourself and reconnect.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment